2021 SLT Leadership Opportunities
Part of the commitment in serving on the State Lead Team is participating in a separate leadership opportunity outside of your campus BSM! At the end of The Summit, you will pick your top two leadership opportunities and be assigned to one of those opportunities.
Texas Freshman Summer Internship (4 students)
The Texas Freshman interns will spend the summer helping graduating high school seniors make connections to continue their spiritual journey in college. This project will include:
- Serving as Team Leader for Khaki School at 6 sessions of Super Summer on campuses across Texas; Super Summer is a teaching ministry hidden in a camp. We support churches by teaching students 8th grade through college freshmen to know and share the Gospel. The program includes three teaching sessions each day that are focused on learning different elements of the Gospel, morning small and large group team dynamics and evening session-wide worship led by a guest speaker and worship leader. Texas Freshman interns will serve as small group discussion leaders for college freshmen. In addition to leading small groups they are responsible for serving students in sessions, in group dynamics, during meals, and in the dorms.
- Making campus connections through data entry and online communication with incoming students and BSM Directors and church leaders
- Engaging students through social media outlets for TXBSM and Texas Freshmen
- Representing TXBSM at other events, camps, etc. as needed during the summer
Interns will be based in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and will serve from June 1- July 15.
To Apply: interviews will be held during Abide at Highland Lakes. Be sure to sign up for an interview time while at The Summit.
BOUNCE Summer Intern (4 students)
Join the BOUNCE Collegiate Staff to assist in mobilizing middle school, high school, and college students for the purpose of long-term disaster recovery and church planting.
Positions available include: Administrative Mission Specialist (AMS), Audio/Visual Specialist (AVS), Communication & Missions Specialist (CMS), Worship Leader (WL)
- Paid summer positions
- All expenses paid
- Paid week off
- Great ministry experience
As a member of BOUNCE Collegiate Staff, you will travel as a part of the 4-person team to assist BOUNCE Coordinators in the implementation of 6 missions throughout the summer. Length of service is approximately 8 weeks. Training and prep begins June 1. Some 1-day training experiences may be required in the spring. Contact David Scott at david.scott[at]txb.org or call 214-828-5123 for details.